Latinos Who Tech is brought to you by Audible. Go to www.audibletrial.com/latinos to claim your free audiobook!
- Leave us an iTunes review
- Send us a note with your thoughts at LatinosWhoTech@gmail.com
- Share it with a friend
- Dushka’s seven books: How to be ferociously happy – Amateur – A Spectacular Catastrophe – Your Seat Cushion is a Flotation Device – Someone Destroyed My Rocket Ship – How to Build a Pillow Fort – You belong everywhere
- 01:45 – Welcoming Dushka Zapata
- 01:56 – How Duska got to San Francisco
- 02:57 – The way in which Duska brings her whole self to work
- 03:54 – Writing as a part of Dushka’s life
- 05:04 – How Dushka captures the ideas she writes about and her seven books
- 07:38 – About Dushka’s work at Zendesk
- 08:43 – How Dushka would coach an executive who wants to give a speech
- 10:55 – How Dushka personally gets prepared to give a speech
- 16:00 – The meaning of Quora according to Dushka
- 16:23 – Dushka’s process when sitting down to write a book
- 19:16 – To connect with Dushka
- 19:41 – Last words to audience
BRINGING WHOLE SELF TO WORK
To be able to take your whole self to work, it is very important to be happy where you are and authentic. “Be one person wherever you go”
WRITING AS A PART OF DUSHKA’S LIFE
It is very important to be happy with what one is doing. Dushka is really happy writing. Writing about things she has learned from, could help someone else.
HOW SHE CAPTURES IDEAS TO WRITE
Having at disposal social media tools helps the things Dushka writes about reach people immediately
WORK AT ZENDESK
Whoever needs to get their ideas across or has difficulty in communicating them, should ask an executive in communications for their advice.
COACHING AN EXECUTIVE THAT WANTS TO GIVE A SPEECH
To be able to communicate ideas, you have to sound like you and not anyone else. Everyone is different, so everyone will need different advice in how to make a proper presentation.
HOW DUSHKA WOULD PREPARE FOR A SPEECH
Things or subjects one cares about have an impact in level of engagement.
Feel like a fish out of water? Anything you feel is exclusive to you and is an actual universal condition. Understanding this gives you a lot of empathy and power, because you are not alone even though you feel you are. Uncomfortable feelings should never avoid people doing things and having new opportunities.
You get to know people better when you meet them on panels and having conversations one to one.
THE PROCESS TO WRITE A BOOK
Whatever you do, whether write books or anything in life, start with one step. It is all about discipline and habits, and doing a bit everyday.
Einstein’s quote: “Time exists so that not everything happens at once”
WORDS TO AUDIENCE
To you Latina > You are Latina, that is true, but you are much more than that!
Who is Hugo Castellanos? Find out about him on linkedin
Thanks so much for listening to the show! If you want to know more about this or comment on the show, please join us on LatinosWhoTech or go to Conexiones