Cyber Security is a field that is often misunderstood. It seems that there is a massive data breach every other day and that our personal information is common knowledge to hackers. In 2018 alone, there were over 1200 massive data breaches affecting 174 million records.
However, we seldom hear from the thousands of data breaches and cyber-attacks that are avoided every day. Organizations count on cyber security professionals like Diego Alvarez Molina to help them create a strategy to minimize their risk and be prepared for when cyber-attacks come.
Diego Alvarez Molina currently works as a Cyber Risk Manager in the Risk and Financial Advisory practice of Deloitte & Touche in Chicago, Illinois. He is also the Hispanic Network President for Deloitte Chicago.
In his episode we spoke about Diego and how he broke into consulting, what a cyber risk manager does and potential career paths for young professionals that want to be part of the growing field of cyber security. We also talked about different cyber-attacks, how to be prepared for them and cyber awareness campaigns, ethical hacking and governments at federal and state level using privacy rules.
Connect with Diego via:
- Linkedin: Diego Alvarez Molina
- Identity Force
Want to help us grow? You can:
- Leave us an iTunes review:
- Send us a note with your thoughts to LatinosWhoTech@gmail.com
- Share it with a friend
- Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/latinoswhotech/creators
- Creighton University’s Heider College of Business
- Tik Tok
- CCPA for California
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
Who is Hugo Castellanos? Learn more about him on Linkedin
Thanks so much for listening to the show! If you want to know more about this and comment on the show, please join us on LatinosWhoTech or go to Conexiones.io