We made it to episode 50! Thank you for sticking around.
I share the story of why I left a very lucrative, very toxic, tech job, some perspective from having achieved my FIRE number, my personal values, and how I like to make career decisions at this point of my life.
It’s been 1.5 years since I left that corporate gig, and I find myself so much at peace right now. Walking the Camino de Santiago in May 2022 was instrumental to reconnecting with myself and my values, I do recommend it if you ever have to overcome any major life changes OR if you honestly enjoy long walks with your thoughts 🙂
Will this be the last season of Latinos Who Tech? I honestly, don’t know. I DO know that I love making podcasts and connecting with tech professionals like you.
I started hosting meetups virtually and in-person with other Latino professionals and I find it incredibly rewarding.
You can find out when the next virtual meetup will be by joining my mailing list. https://lwt-email.ck.page/1fc5dbebbc
## Show Notes
– Join my mailing list to find out about virtual meetups (and other projects). No spam, ever. https://lwt-email.ck.page/d3749616a6
– Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/hugocastellanos/
– Twitter https://twitter.com/HugoCast_
– How to retire forever on a fixed chunk of money
– Book: I will Teach you to be Rich:
– Course: Finding a fulfilling career with “What color is your parachute?”
– LWT Episode: “How to retire before 40 (by working in STEM)”