In this episode, I spoke with Angela Romero, Principal Manager at Coursera. We spoke about her experience working in a PR agency, cold calling and her role in sales at Google, Duolingo as a startup with an e-learning environment giving people practical and fun learning opportunities through technology and access to better jobs, all about Coursera, and the importance of Employee Resource Groups in working environments.
Latinos Who Tech is brought to you by Audible. Go to www.audibletrial.com/latinos to claim your free audiobook!
Connect with Angela via linkedin:
Want to help us grow? You can:
* Coursera* FleishmanHillard* AI For Everyone – One of Angela’s favourite short digestible language course about AI and how it is going to transform the world* Learning How to Learn – Another favourite short course at Coursera with powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects* You Tube Red (You Tube Premium) – watch and listen without announcements * Duolingo* Hola, Latino ERG (Employee Resource Group) – Diversity and inclusion group* USP, FIA, UNICAMP, and Insper – Coursera expanded in Brazil with 25 courses from these top universities * Self-Driving Program from University of Toronto– top program at Coursera launched by Angela
* 01:43 – Welcoming Angela Romero
* 02:00 – About Angela and Coursera
* 02:53 – Angela’s favourite course or specialization
* 03:52 – Angela’s favourite learning technique
* 05:25 – How Angela gets to Coursera
* 07:55 – What is it like to work in a PR agency
* 08:41 – When Angela realized she wanted to switch into sales
* 10:38 – Role at Google in sales
* 11:01 – Good at cold calling
* 13:35 – How Angela would write a perfect pitch email
* 17:17 – What is the perfect phone call
* 20:10 – Switching from Google to Duolingo, a startup e-learning environment
* 23:04 – What Angela was most proud of at Duolingo
* 26:34 – Why Coursera?
* 32:10 – Principal Manager at Coursera. What does a Principal Manager do?
* 34:14 – Coursera’s challenges for the next two quarters
* 35:29 – Wanting to get into the e-learning industry… What kind of opportunities can I get at Coursera? Where will I be needed the most?
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/latinoswhotech/message